Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm with Terminus!




So, the latest league has come and gone, so this post is a bit overdue. I ended up playing my Cryx in the Blasted Heath, and played Terminus exclusively to great success at 15 pt, 25 pt, and 35 pt levels. My standard 35 pt list was:

Lich Lord Terminus +4
Stalker -4

Mechanithralls (full)-5
3 Brute Thrall -3
Mechanithralls (full)-5
2 Brute Thrall -2
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls -2
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls -2
The Withershadow Combine -5
Madelyn Corbeau -2
Pistol Wraith -3
Pistol Wraith -3*
3 Scrap Thrall -1*
Warwitch Siren -2

* at 1st, I ran Darragh Wrathe but swapped him for another pistol wraith with the scrap thralls as filler due to the local jack/beast heavy meta.

I think for the most part the list just caught people unaware. It only took 1 game of having an infantry unit wiped out to give Terminus 30+ armor before people stopped bringing infantry all together, and only brought jacks/beasts! Don't get me wrong, there are tons of bad match ups for Terminus and the above list can surely be tweaked to an even greater level... I think part of the appeal for me is that he seemed to just threw a wrench into the gameplay typically seen at my LGS. Needless to say, thanks to all the success I had with him in the league, Terminus is now officially my homeboy! He is also probably the most hated Warcaster at my LGS now as well! *evil grin* If you have not already done so, give him a try!

-EBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment