Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bane Thrall UA - Hot off the painting desk

Well, I recently picked up 2x Bane Thrall units and 2x UAs, mostly for a future Goreshade list, and while I'm still working on the unit itself, I did finish up the UA for the 1st unit. These guys served as my "Test minis" for the unit, and give a good idea of how the paint scheme will look for the whole unit. Overall, I'd say I'm pretty happy with their outcome!




... I also just realized that despite having 90% of my Cryx collection fully painted (only have the Banes & Bloodgorgers left) I do not have pics of them posted up. Guess I'm gonna have to fix that in the coming weeks!

- EBC -

2 comments:

  1. Sweet looking Bane UA! I'm really curious about how you got the glowing effect on the skulls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!

    It was actually really simple, I just did a basecoat in green followed by a drybrush/highlight of Rotting Flesh on the actual bone parts. It gives all the boney parts an "internal glow" effect... kinda like the green light is seeping out from the joints. =)

    ReplyDelete